- Development of Imaging Systems at Millimeter Wave and Terahertz frequencies
- Design, development and test of the passive (antennas, waveguides, power dividers, couplers, etc.) and active circuit elements at mmW and THz frequencies
- Electromagnetic Material Characterization, Research, Measurement and Consultancy Services
- Radar Cross Section Measurement and Reduction
- Medical Imaging Techniques
- mmW and THz High Speed Wireless Communication Links
- Development of Millimeter Wave (mmW) Radar Technologies
- THz spectroscopic methods
In accordance with the primary goals of our country, Millimeter and Terahertz research group works in the required fields of theoretical, simulation, measurement and development studies hosting in the knowledge and ability, performing electromagnetic imaging projects at mmW and THz frequencies, Radar Cross Section measurement activities up to 110 GHz, design and development of the passive (antennas, waveguides, power dividers, couplers, ...) and active circuit elements at mmW and THz frequencies, making the device and system realization and measurement, carrying out the activities for the development of spectroscopic THz methods for food quality and security, research and development and performing activities of medical imaging techniques at microwave/millimeter wave and THz frequencies, electromagnetic material characterization, research, and consulting services available in measurements.
MİLTAL group has laboratory infrastructure to work up to 325 GHz frequency range for design, production and test. There are also PCB prototyping and manufacturing systems (including RF/millimetre wave circuits up to 325 GHz) and micromachining systems (CNC). There is also an anechoic chamber including antenna and RCS measurement systems, as well as an open area test site for RCS measurements.
Millimeter Wave and Terahertz Technology Strategic Unit crew has the team with 30% PhD, 40% MSc degree researchers and senior technicians, 10 people totally.