To become an internationally recognized research and development institution pioneering the materials science and technology and contributing to the improvement of Turkish Industry’s technological capabilities.
To contribute to science, technology and economy of the country by conducting applied R&D projects in the field of materials science and technology, in accordance with global developments and the needs of Turkey, in collaboration with national and international organizations with an interdisciplinary approach.
- To keep the leading position by continuously improving the scientific and technological infrastructure,
- To sustain and improve the international recognition by conducting research and development projects at universal standards,
- To improve the technological capabilities and competitive power of Turkish industry by promoting applied research and development projects in cooperation with private sector and SMEs,
- To conduct researches and develop technologies in critical and high priority fields like national defence, which can not be undertaken by private sector,
- To develop innovative products and processes in the field of advanced materials technologies through a multidisciplinary approach.
Management PolicyIn line with the management policy of TÜBİTAK MAM, the Materials Institute aims,
- to improve creativity by conducting research and development projects at universal standards and developing innovative products and processes in the field of advanced materials technologies through a multidisciplinary approach,
- to provide its clients with ever increasing high quality services meeting the requirements of regulatory quality standards, including OHSAS 18001:2007 on “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems” , ISO/IEC 17025:2005 on “General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories”, EN ISO 9001:2000 on “Quality Management Systems” and ISO 14001:2004 on “Environmental Management Systems” and relevant legislative liabilities,
and, as a result, to sustain its position as a leading and internationally recognized institute.
Employees of the Materials Institute,
- are committed to performing their tasks and services with the highest possible level of quality, reliability, honesty, impartiality and confidentiality in the light of scientific principles.
The management team of the Materials Institute is committed to
- ensuring that the employees adopt and implement this policy and understand their responsibilities and that no external influences affect the employees’ decisions;
- monitoring the targets on a regular basis, reviewing and updating the existing management systems in accordance with the demands of the employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the field of materials technologies, the Institute aims,
- To evaluate the latest technological developments in the world in accordance with the economic and social developments and development goals of Turkey and the needs of the Turkish industry; to determine the priority areas, long term plans, topics and targets for research and development activities.
- To fund the universities through "oriented basic research projects" in order to strengthen the researchers, and to encourage and support Msc. and PhD. theses; to train the researchers and technical staff of the institute; and to guide the training processes of the researchers and technical staff in the industry enterprises, universities and the other research institutions.
- To conduct “oriented basic researches” in technological cooperation with universities, other research institutions and industry enterprises at personal, institutional and international levels in order to achieve the institute targets and improve the researchers’ know-how; and to conduct “applied researches” and “experimental developments” for defining and ensuring the production of strategically and economically important materials, particularly the materials that cannot be produced in Turkey, and for developing production technologies for them.
- To organize national and international meeting events in the institute’s fields of interest, according to TÜBİTAK legislation, like seminars, symposia, congresses, conferences, courses and summer schools.
- To publicize its accumulation of knowledge and research & development results in national and international publications and scientific events.
- To focus on the solutions of the Turkish industry’s technological problems, to inform the Turkish industry with the related knowledge and research and development results, to conduct promotion and training programs for the industrial enterprises, especially for industrial organizations, and, when necessary, to pay on-site visits to these enterprises in order to detect their problems.
- To make contracted projects with industrial enterprises, public institutions, universities and domestic and international research institutions, to propose and take part in international research projects in order to put its knowledge and R&D results into practice and contribute to economic and social benefit.
- To detect the tools, equipment, hardwares, systems and infrastructures needed for technical support services which require advanced specialization and which cannot be realized in other research and education institutions, to determine their priorities in the budget, to purchase, install and operate them and to provide technical support services for the researchers, universities, other research institutions and industrial enterprises across the country.
- When necessary, to establish and operate test-production workshops and to make production, in limited amounts, of the products with high added value that are not produced in Turkey.
- To provide scientific and technical consultancy and engineering services so as to ensure that Turkish Industry obtains and adapts technology from abroad, that advanced technology is used more efficiently and commonly, that efficiency and quality is improved and that quality standards are adhered to.
- To perform other tasks assigned by the President of MAM.